Adapted from Taste of Home Split Pea Soup Ingredients: 6 cups vegetable broth 2 cups…
Recipe: Chicken Bruschetta
From the Chef Mark Valentine and the Open Table kitchen, here’s a way to turn traditional bruschetta (an Italian antipasto of grilled bread rubbed with garlic and piled with toppings) into a flavorful, low-carb meal! A great choice at the end of summer, when fresh local tomatoes are at their peak!
- 2 6-8 oz chicken breast or thighs
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large tomato or 1 cup of cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoons of fresh chopped basil
- ¼ cup of fresh mozzarella or feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 12 teaspoons of balsamic or red wine vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Mix in a bowl: chopped tomatoes, basil, cheese, olive oil, vinegar, and salt. Let marinate at least 1 hour before serving.
- Season chicken breast with oil and salt and pepper
- Grill or bake chicken till done (170 degrees with internal thermometer)
- Place chicken on plate and spoon tomato mixture on top of chicken
Note: For added flavor, grill corn on the cob, slice corn off of the cob into a bowl. Add to tomato mixture.