Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis until Thursday, June 17th – Apply NOW!
Open Table Summer Internship Program
The Open Table Summer Internship Program provides the opportunity for young people to get involved with Open Table and gain first-hand experience in non-profit food relief through volunteering and giving back to their community. Students will work with staff to stock our Fresh Market Pantry, distribute thousands of pounds of food and create fresh meals for distribution from our surplus donations, while developing leadership, teamwork, workplace, and civic participation skills.
- 20 hours of Community Service credit (per session)
- Resume-building nonprofit work experience
- Leadership skills
- ServSafe Certification (option)
- CPR First/Aid Certification (optional)
- Meal prep experience and cooking lessons
- Pride in supporting & strengthening our community!
Sessions are one week during which participants will work 20 hours, Monday through Thursday, 10am to 3pm. There is some flexibility in the hours and students are welcome to participate in more than one session.
- Session 1: June 21 – June 24
- Session 2: June 28 – July 1
- Session 3: July 12 – July 15
- Session 4: July 19 – July 22
- Session 5: July 26 – July 30
- Session 6: August 2 – August 5
- Session 7: August 9 – August 12
Applying for Summer Internship
All high school or college students (must be entering 9th grade or higher or have permission of the Program Manager) are welcome to apply. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis, and the form will close on June 17th. Please apply ASAP!
Frequently Asked Questions
A: Open Table will provide a certificate of community service upon completion of the program. If students do not complete the program, they will forfeit any hours served and will not receive any certified service credit.
A: Students should dress casually and comfortably with sneakers or shoes with a rubber sole. The work required may include lifting and moving items so clothing should be washable and sturdy.
A: Volunteers will receive a one-hour lunch break everyday. You can pack a lunch and eat at our facility or you are able to walk to local shops and restaurants to purchase lunch there.