Open Table provides 200 meals every other week to the Robinson Middle School in Lowell…
The health and safety of our guests, volunteers and staff is of utmost priority. Open Table has always adhered to strict food safety measures. During this time of uncertainty and evolving conditions related to the coronavirus (COVID-19), Open Table is taking additional measures to reduce the risk of inadvertent exposure and spread of this communicable disease. This includes more frequent sanitizing, providing individually packed meals, and measures to reduce multi-person handling of food items in our pantry.
We are also modifying some of our programs. The Thursday 3/12 Concord Dinner and Monday 3/16 Maynard dinners are cancelled. Prepackaged single serve meals will be available during regular pantry hours in Maynard. As a precaution when visiting or volunteering at Open Table, please:
- Wash your hands in our restrooms and use provided hand sanitizer upon arrival and periodically during your visit or shift.
- When using disposable gloves for food prep or serving, change them more frequently.
- Avoid interpersonal physical contact. Wave, smile and say kind words instead.
- Cover your nose and mouth if you sneeze or cough (and then wash your hands).
Please do not enter our facility if:
- You have had a known exposure to COVID-19, or other respiratory illnesses.
- You or anyone in your family, including your children, have any fever or flu-like symptoms, even if mild, or those of an upper respiratory infection (such as headache, sore throat, congestion, runny nose, cough, etc).
- You have recently traveled to a high risk country: Japan, South Korea, China, Italy or Iran.
As you are aware, the situation has been evolving. We are keeping informed and being advised by expert sources and will respond appropriately which may include cancellations or closure. Please check our website www.opentable.org or call our 978-369-2275 to check for updates.
If you are a pantry or dinner guest and have questions, please call 978-369-2275 to speak with our program manager.
If you are a volunteer, as always, please notify us if you need to cancel your volunteer commitment email@example.com.
Please know that the OpenTable Board cares deeply about our community of Guests, Volunteers and Staff and is taking the outbreak of this virus seriously.
Board PresidentJill Tsakiris
Interim Executive Director