Thank You For Your Generosity, Time, and Caring
Volunteers are crucial to all operations of the Open Table food pantry, whether in traditional roles or using special skills to support with administrative functions or special projects.
Open Table food pantry needs your time and talent. Volunteers are vital to our mission of ensuring that no one in our service area goes hungry. We cannot do this without you!
Volunteer Service Areas - How You Can Help
We'd Love for You to Join Us!
Every week over 180 volunteers work together to run our Pantry, Meals, and Mobile programs. We also have many behind the scenes opportunities – fundraising, event planning, administrative support, transportation and board membership. Please be sure to indicate on your application your availability and interests. It takes a village to run Open Table.
If you are not available when we are open, we encourage you to consider helping us with our special events or projects. Volunteers are often able to help in this capacity with much more flexibility. The skill sets we are always looking for include: grant writing, public relations, marketing, event planning, board development, fundraising, community outreach, and knowledge of multiple languages.
Recent Volunteer News
Our wonderful main facility is located right in the heart of downtown Maynard. Although there is on-street and lot parking directly around the building, we are requesting that volunteers who are spending more than an hour at the facility please park in the River Street Municipal lot (parking fees are waived for Open Table) just a short walk away. This will allow downtown parking to remain available for visitors and patrons of the stores and restaurants in our community. Thank you!
- From Route 62 westbound (Waltham Street), continue onto Summer Street.
- Take a left on Nason Street
- Take a left on Main Street (Route 62 eastbound).
- Take a right on River Street directly across from Open Table and follow the road as it curves toward the end of the street.
- Look for Open Table sign on telephone pole in front of the parking lot on the left. Permits are waived for Open Table. DO NOT PARK across the street – you WILL BE TOWED.
- The lot is a 3-minute walk from the corner of River and Main to our facility at 33-37 Main Street. Walk to Open Table via River Street for the quickest route.