Help with Healthy, Nutritious Foods
Your grocery donation in any quantity helps us keep our pantries well stocked. It all adds up!
Each week our pantry market offers our clients a choice of fresh produce, dairy, and meats, as well as shelf stable (non-perishable) items. You can help us provide the non-perishable food that our guests need and prefer to prepare healthy meals for themselves and their families.
While we are able to source food from the Greater Boston Food Bank as well as from local farms and retail outlets, we are always seeking certain non-perishable foods. During seasonal changes or holidays, this list may expand.
High Demand Foods*:
- Instant Coffee (Caffeinated & Decaf)
- Ground Coffee (Caffeinated)
- Black Teabags (Boxes – 50 bags or less)
- Herbal Teas (No Caffeine)
- Almond, Oat, Soy, Coconut Milk (32oz shelf stable)
- Low Sugar Boxed Cereal – Cheerios, Raisin Bran, Cornflakes, other similar
- Instant Oatmeal Variety Pack (Regular & Low Sugar)
- Dried & Canned Legumes & Beans, Chili
- Tuna in Water
- Hearty Soups & Stews (Regular & Low Sodium)
- Baking Supplies – Baking Powder/Soda, Sugar, Flour
- Gluten Free – Dry Goods i.e.Baking Mixes (Quick Breads, Pancake Mix, Brownie Mix etc..), Pastas, Mac N Cheese, Dry Cereal, Wheat Flour alternatives
Nut & Fruit Based
- Nut & Alternative Butters (Almond, Sunflower, Cashew. Not PB)
- Dried Nuts (Unsalted & Salted)
- Dried Fruits
- Salty Crackers (Whole Grain or Regular)
- Chips (Whole Grain, Potato, Tortilla, other similar)
Condiments & Such
- Salad Dressing
- Vinegars (Cider, White, Red Wine)
- Honey & Syrups
- Low Salt or Low Sugar Sauces & Condiments
- Spices – Salt, Pepper, Cinnamon, Chili Powder, Oregano
- Personal care health items for adults (toothpaste, liquid soap, shampoo)
Sorry, Not Accepted…
Unfortunately, we cannot accept baked goods, refrigerated or frozen items, or prepared foods unless they are being donated from a certified food service or retail organization.
Additionally, Open Table does NOT accept the following items:
- Plastic Bags
- Packaging & Food Insulation Materials
- Plastic Containers
- Other Food Containers
- Freezer Blocks
- Art Supplies
- Diapers (adult or child)
- Home Cooked Meals or Home Baked Goods
- Perishable Foods
- Pet foods
*Open Table is fortunate to be a Greater Boston Food Bank Partner Agency. We receive most of our basic food items through the food bank and local grocers and farms. The items on this list are not readily available through our normal channels and are very much appreciated by our clients. These dry goods are accompanied by fresh produce, meat, dairy, eggs and prepared foods in our standard grocery/pantry offering.
Open Table is partnering with local libraries to create a Spice Bank Drive to source these expensive, yet essential, components of native Afghan recipes. Individuals are encouraged to donate unopened spices so that refugee families can maintain as sense of cultural identity and family traditions.
Most desired spices include: hot pepper flakes, black pepper, salt, turmeric, coriander, cumin, cardamom, cardamom pods, poppy seeds, nigella seeds, black sesame seeds, white sesame seeds, and ginger powder.
Please bring all donated spices to a participating library.
Groceries and supplies can be left at our 33 Main Street, Maynard or 40 Beharrell Street, Concord donation bins 24/7 or at any of our community drop-off partner locations during their regular business hours.
If your donation exceeds four grocery bags or you wish to donate perishable items, please contact us at [email protected] to make arrangements.