Help with Healthy, Nutritious Foods
Each week our pantry market offers our clients a choice of fresh produce, dairy, and meats, as well as shelf stable (non-perishable) items. You can help us provide the non-perishable food that our guests need and prefer to prepare healthy meals for themselves and their families.
While we are able to source food from the Greater Boston Food Bank as well as from local farms and retail outlets, we are always seeking certain non-perishable foods. During seasonal changes or holidays, this list may expand.
High Demand Foods:
- Low Sodium Canned vegetables in “pop top” cans
- Low, “lite”, No Sugar canned fruits in “pop top” cans
- Oatmeal or whole grain hot cereals (individual size packs welcomed)
- Canned Soups in “pop top” cans (no tomato or chicken soup please)
- Coffee (ground or instant, decaf welcome – no coffee pods please)
- Tea (black, green or herbal)
- Hot Chocolate (individual pack boxes welcome)
- Almond or soy milk (shelf stable)
- White Tuna in water
- Stews and/or other canned meat proteins in “pop top cans”
- Side Dishes Boxed (pilaf, rice & noodle dishes, whole grain side dishes)
- Nuts, dried fruits
- Individual snack packs of nuts, dried fruits and snack mixes
- Gluten-free side dishes/foods of any type
- Gluten Free Soups
- Gluten Free Cereals (Cheerios & Hot Cereals)
- Vegan & Vegetarian Canned & Dry Goods
- Boxed Baking Mixes: Brownies, Cakes & Quick Breads (also gluten free)
Other Needed Items:
- Paper grocery shopping bags
Sorry, Not Accepted…
Unfortunately, we cannot accept baked goods, refrigerated or frozen items, or prepared foods unless they are being donated from a certified food service or retail organization.
Additionally, Open Table does NOT accept the following items:
- Plastic Bags
- Packaging & Food Insulation Materials
- Plastic Containers
- Other Food Containers
- Freezer Blocks
- Art Supplies
- Diapers (adult or child)
- Home Cooked Meals or Home Baked Goods
- Perishable Foods
- Pet foods
Food Donation Deliveries and Drop Off Locations
Groceries and supplies can be left at our 33 Main Street, Maynard donation bin 24/7 or at any of our community drop-off partner locations during their regular business hours.
In-person by-appointment donations (particularly for larger food drives) can be made Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm. For more information or to arrange a delivery, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.