Open Table Employment
Open Table is currently seeking to hire a Programs Operations Assistant, a part-time internship position. See the full job description below. If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
And, if you want to help in other ways, we are always in need of fabulous volunteers! Please see our Volunteer at Open Table page for more information.
Position: Programs Operations Assistant
Develop career skills by making a difference in the lives of many, by interning at Open Table!
Open Table’s mission is to address hunger in our local community by providing healthy food in a welcoming environment that respects the dignity and diversity of those served.
As part of our team, our intern will have the opportunity to become familiar with multiple aspects of Open Table programs. Great fit for students interested in public health, social justice, nutrition, or public policy! Interns will be provided training if required (such as ServSafe and COVID trauma training), and will have opportunities to show initiative: past interns have been essential to planning and executing new mobile programming at Open Table with focusing on both the operations and programmatic aspects of the organization. Interns will have an opportunity to learn about both areas and select from several options for an in-depth intern project that most aligns with the intern’s future career objectives.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Assist the Operations/Facilities Manager in the daily operations of Open Table.
- Assist the Program Manager in various aspects of our onsite and mobile pantry programs.
- Assist in training and managing volunteers.
- Assist in overseeing food procurement, storage, and delivery.
- Work with staff to develop new initiatives and improve our current operations.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- 18 years of age or older
- Experience with or interest in volunteerism and community engagement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have reliable transportation
- Multiple language abilities a plus (Portuguese, Russian, Mandarin)
- Interest in food justice issues
- Experience in recruitment and training a plus
- Serve-Safe Certification a plus (training will be provided if needed)
- $16-18/hour with paid holidays.
- Reimbursement for outside training if relevant to the position
- Access to pantry services if needed
- Additional training and other professional development opportunities
Position Start Date: Fall 2021, start date negotiable
- Commitment will average 20 hours per week during the following days/times while pantry is open Monday-Fridays 9am-7pm, schedule to be negotiated.
- Duration: 10 months
- To apply, submit a cover letter and resume with “Open Table Internship” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accepted applicants will be required to undergo a criminal history check.
Open Table will recruit and select persons in all positions to ensure a diverse and inclusive climate without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, color, political affiliation, creed, national origin, marital status, or any other status as protected by federal, state, and local laws. Open Table welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and will make reasonable accommodations for interviews and for service upon request.