Open Table Employment
Open Table is currently seeking to hire a Programs Operations Assistant, a part-time position. See the full job description below. If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
And, if you want to help in other ways, we are always in need of fabulous volunteers! Please see our Volunteer at Open Table page for more information.
Position: Programs Operations Assistant
Develop career skills by making a difference in the lives of many with this paid position at Open Table!
Open Table’s mission is to address hunger in our local community by providing healthy food in a welcoming environment that respects the dignity and diversity of those served.
As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to become familiar with multiple aspects of Open Table programs. Great fit for anyone interested in public health, social justice, or nutrition! You will be provided training if required (such as ServSafe and COVID trauma training), and will have opportunities to show initiative: past assistants have been essential to planning and executing new mobile programming at Open Table with focusing on both the operations and programmatic aspects of the organization. You may pursue an in-depth project that most aligns with your interests and/or future career objectives. Those that had similar positions with us before have gone on to work for other food security organizations and food banks.
You must be able to be onsite in Maynard between 11am – 7pm Tuesdays and 11am – 5pm Thursdays. Some midday hours Monday and Wednesday are required but work on those days can be done remotely (exact hours to be worked out with Program Manager).
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Assist the Program Manager in various aspects of our onsite and mobile pantry programs.
- Assist in training and managing volunteers.
- Coordinates with the Operations/Facilities Manager for food procurement, storage, and outbound delivery.
- Work with staff to assess program effectiveness and impact, develop new initiatives, and improve operations.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- 18 years of age or older
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experienced with cloud applications, including word processing, spreadsheet, and email.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from our Maynard site.
- Multiple language abilities a plus (Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, Mandarin)
- $16-18/hour with paid holidays.
- Reimbursement for outside training if relevant to the position
- Access to pantry services if needed
- Additional training and other professional development opportunities
Position is for 10 months, start date as soon as possible.
- To apply, submit a cover letter and resume with “Program Assistant” in the subject line, to [email protected].
Accepted applicants will be required to undergo a criminal history check.
Open Table will recruit and select persons in all positions to ensure a diverse and inclusive climate without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, color, political affiliation, creed, national origin, marital status, or any other status as protected by federal, state, and local laws. Open Table welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and will make reasonable accommodations for interviews and for service upon request.