Open Table Employment
Open Table is currently seeking to hire a Kitchen Assistant, a part-time position. See the full job description below. If you are interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
And, if you want to help in other ways, we are always in need of fabulous volunteers! Please see our Volunteer at Open Table page for more information.
Position: Kitchen Assistant
Open Table is seeking a Kitchen Assistant for our Maynard kitchen. You will be a part of our Mobile Meals program that creates healthy prepared meals for those in need. This position would assist the Kitchen Manager in aspects of food prep, production, inventory control, and managing volunteers. Increased responsibility/promotion commensurate with performance.
Your cooking talent will be used to create a positive impact in the communities we serve. Open Table’s mission is to address hunger in our local community by providing healthy food in a welcoming environment that respects the dignity and diversity of those served.
Send inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Cooking experience in a commercial or institutional setting.
- Dedication to the mission of addressing hunger
- Experience being part of a team.
- Ability to communicate in English with volunteers
- Basic computer skills desired.
- Tuesday-Friday approximate schedule 8:30 am – 12:30 pm (16-25 hours a week). Flexibility to extend on some days until 3:30 optimal.
- $16-$20/hour commensurate with experience.
- Ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance
- Ability to lift 50 plus pounds of food as part of receiving team.
- Prep food and kitchen for volunteer crews to be ready upon arrival
- Be on your feet for up to 8 hours
- Lead volunteer teams in prepping, cooking and portioning 1000 meals per week