skip to Main Content
Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Concord Crop Walk

October 21, 2018 @ 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm

Date: Sunday, October 21, 2018
Registration: 1:30 pm
Walk: 2:15 pm
Distance: 7 km

Contact: Robin DeMott, rkdemott@comcast.net

The 7km CROP Walk route starts and ends at First Parish in Concord (20 Lexington Road, Concord, MA). The Walk route has two loops. The first loop goes through the historic National Park, taking one across the North Bridge, while the second loop takes walkers up the beautiful Nashawtuc Hill area. Each loop takes about one hour to walk.

9 local food pantries and community suppers, including Open Table, are supported by the Concord CROP Walk.

Pre-walk music provided by the Concord-Carlisle High School Pep Band and post-walk music by the Yankee Stompers Dixieland Jazz Band. Cookies and cider are served at the end of the walk. Pets on leashes welcome!

25% of the money raised is used locally to support food pantry and related programs, including Open Table. The other 75% of the funds are used by Church World Service for worldwide emergency relief and hunger relief in underdeveloped countries.

Together, we can help end hunger in our community and around the world!

To learn more, visit the event website at: http://www.concordcrop.org/
To register or donation: https://www.crophungerwalk.org/concordma

Details

Date:
October 21, 2018
Time:
1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Event Category: