Chef Mark Valentine has adapted a recipe from McCormick seasoning for a delicious pumpkin pie…
Open Table volunteers helped staff a table at the Maynard Farmers Market on Saturday, August 13th and handed out bookmarks announcing our new Maynard home. The reverse side of the bookmark included a recipe for a delicious summery Tuna & Bean Salad.
Tuna & Bean Salad
- 3/4 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1 small red onion, cut in half & sliced
- 2 5 oz cans tuns (water or oil packed)
- 1 15 oz can white beans
- 2 tbspns chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbspns chopped chives
- 2 tsps chopped fresh marjoram or
- 2 tbspns sherry or red wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minded or pureed
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbspns bean broth
- 6 tbspns extra-virgin olive oil
Bring a medium-size pot of water to a boil and add salt to taste. Blanch green beans for 4 minutes until just tender. Transfer to a bowl of cold water and drain. Cut or break beans in half if very long. Meanwhile, place sliced onion, in a bowl and cover with cold water. Soak 5 minutes. Drain, rinse and drain again on paper towels.
Drain tuna and place in a salad bowl. Break up with a fork. Add cooked dried beans, green beans, onion and herbs. Toss together.
In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together vinegar, salt, garlic, mustard and bean broth. Whisk in olive oil. Toss with tuna and bean mixture, and serve.