Baba Ghanouj From Gaining Ground and Just Food's tip sheets; adapted from Elizabeth Henderson and…
Aunt Toni’s Autumn Cake
From Alannah Gustavson
Aunt Toni’s Autumn Cake is a family fall favorite in Alannah’s house. It’s a great quick and easy treat to make after a fun day of apple picking with the kids.
- 1¼ sticks of butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of allspice
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans and/or walnuts)
- ¾ cup raisins
- 2 cups chopped apples
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9X13 pan with cooking spray (or butter and flour preparation)
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Beat the eggs in until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients and beat again.
- Fold in apples, nuts, and raisins. The batter will be thick!
- Smooth batter into prepared pan with a spatula.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cut into squares when cooled.