Aunt Toni's Autumn Cake From Alannah Gustavson Aunt Toni's Autumn Cake is a family fall…
By Stefanie Cloutier
Blueberry pie is like summer in a pie plate!
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ¾ cup of water
- 3 tbsp flour
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- Baked 9-inch pie shell
- Simmer over medium heat one cup of the blueberries with the sugar and ¾ cup of water, until the berries are soft.
- Make a paste of the flour, ¼ cup of water and salt; add the paste to the blueberry mixture, stirring constantly.
- Cook over medium heat until thick, about five minutes.
- Combine the cooked mixture with 3 cups of fresh blueberries, and pour into the baked shell.
- Chill well, at least 4 hours. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.