Aunt Toni's Autumn Cake From Alannah Gustavson Aunt Toni's Autumn Cake is a family fall…
Adapted from Taste of Home
Split Pea Soup
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups dried green split peas, rinsed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Optional: shredded carrots, sliced scallions, and/or parsley for garish
- In a large saucepan, combine broth, peas, onion, carrots, celery, celery, garlic, marjoram, basil, and cumin; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 1 hour or until peas are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper and simmer 10 minutes longer.
- Remove soup from heat and cool slightly.
- Working in batches as necessary, process in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return to the pot and heat through.
- Garnish with carrots, scallions, and or parsley, if desired.